Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Biggest Loser -- Inspirational

I have been watching the biggest loser since the first episode.  Everytime I watch, I get inspired to get off my butt and do something.  Tonight's episode really makes me want to run a marathon, which is ironic because I completely HATE to run, ESPECIALLY long distance (one lap around the track is long distance to me!).  But if Elizabeth (yellow contestant) can do it, by golly, I CAN DO IT. 

I want to start some training for a marathon by doing some 5k's. I want to do my own form of biggest loser for myself.  I will periodically take pictures so I can see for myself some transformation. 

I have been very consistant for the most part in doing Zumba.  At the moment I have a love hate relationship with it, but the love out-weighs the hate.  Any suggestions on how to train for marathons, half-marathons, and 5k's are greatly welcomed and appreciated.  I have about 30 lbs. to lose.  I know it's attainable, some thing that is really hard is that bad food is cheap, healthy foods are expensive.  We are going to have to find away to deal with the cost so that we can limit the cost of doctor visits for the family.  I want my boys to know that being healthy is important.  I need to lead by example!
If only I had my own personal Curtis Stone

No comments: