Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday to my baby, Hayden

6 weeks

9 months

1 year old

2 years old

3 years old
I was scheduled C-section for March 21st of 2007. It was Monday, March 19th, 2007 that I went in to work not knowing what was to come later that evening. During the whole work day, I had these weird pains that would come and go but they weren't painful and they were in my back. I've been through labor pains and so I knew this WAS NOT those. Come 2:30pm when it was time for me to leave I had gotten to the point where I felt like I was getting sick and the pains were still in my back coming and going. Finally, someone said, "Sandi, I think you might be in labor!". Of course I was like, "No, I can't be I'm scheduled for a c-section in 2 days....!" So, I called my mom and she came to pick me up and take me to the hospital just in case.

While all of this was happening in Cedar Park, my sweet husband was in Waco, Tx, working. He said, "Now Sandi I can't be on the phone a lot at this job site so only call if it is an emergency!". Well, I would say this was an emergency and so I called and guess what, HE DIDN'T ANSWER. So I left a long detailed message letting him know that I was on my way to the hospital possibly in labor and that he needed to proceed to head this way to the hospital. After I left the detailed message I called my mother-in-law and sister-in-law to let them know that I was going to the hospital to check on the baby and that I was possibly in labor. Jacob calls me and asks how I was doing, and me assuming that he got the message says, "Not to bad!" and then he said ok well I got to go and will call you back later. I just "assumed" that he was on his way. NOPE, he had not listened to my voicemail and his sister had to tell him to get on the road.

At the hospital they hooked me up with all the wonderful wires to check on my sweet baby and me. Sure enough, I was in labor! She waited for about 2-3 hours before she said, "You aren't going home without a baby, we are going to prep you and take you in!" WOOHOO, I was excited, nervous, anxious, scared all rolled into one. Most of all I was worried that my husband wasn't going to make it

Finally after he went home and grabbed our bags and took a quick shower he made it to the hospital. It wasn't 15 minutes that Jacob made it that they reeled me back to the OR. Then another 30-45 minutes out pops a small yet round little baby boy with curly red hair. As soon as I saw that red hair I laughed out loud but also fell in love. He was absolutely perfect. There were no complications (like my other boys) I was able to hold him longer than a quick squeeze.

If you don't know Hayden, he's the most vibrant, full of laughs (and farts), and love 100% ALL BOY. He still have FIRE RED curly hair with the perfectly placed freckles and an angel kiss on the forehead. Mommy and daddy can't believe how fast our little baby has grown but we have enjoyed being about of his life.

Today, we will celebration his 4th birthday!!!!

Dear God,
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! For letting me be apart of caring for some of the most energetic, full of life little boys! I know it's hard at times but it's so worth it to be called Mommy. THANK YOU!

No comments: