Friday, August 27, 2010

First experience with the SCHOOL BUS!

The second day of school was a very scary day for me as a mother.  My sister-in-law picked up the boys that day, but whenever she went to pick Mason up they told her he was on the bus yet Cody was there ready to be picked up.  She immediately contacted me to let me know.  At this point I was very upset because I had no idea where his teacher would have thought I would have said to put him on the bus.  I didn't know where the bus route or number of the bus.  So I called the school to try and locate my son.  It took too long before I knew exactly where my son was.  I honestly didn't feel they were as concerned as I thought they should have been.  Eventually he made it home, my scenario was my little pre-ker was on the bus scared to death because his big brother wasn't there with him.  I asked him if he was ok whenever he got off the bus and his response was: THAT WAS AWESOME MOMMY, can I ride the bus EVERYDAY?!  Which in turn made Cody think, Hey that's not fair how come he gets to ride the bus and not me.  So, I have allowed them to ride the bus to and from school.

In the morning the bus picks them up at 7am.  After they get dressed, brush teeth and get the bags on, we go out there about 5-10 minutes early to have a little prayer time and talk.  They drop off at 4:45pm, in which I we walk and talk about the day at school. Hayden can't WAIT to ride the bus.  I love these sweet boys so much.

No comments: