Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day before Cleanse

Starting tomorrow, I will be given up breads, chips, and sweets, not because I'm crazy (despite what you think!) but to be able to re-start my body in the right direction.  Today, I met with my mom, Aunt, sister-in-law, and a friend at Sprouts and we got all the essentials to begin our cleanse.  We purchased unique items to me called chia seeds, mangos, kale, and other great produce that God created.  I chose this cleanse over others because it truly is just eating things that God made natural to be healthy for our bodies.  If you take those suppliments, it's just not natural.  I plan to blog about this cleanse to help keep me accountable but I will also keep a food journal.  I will be weighing in the morning and hopefully will see some sort of change by the end of the 5 day cleanse. 

When I first wake up I will heat up my lemon water and drink first.  For breakfast, I have sprouted bread in which I will toast 1 slice and add organic almond butter. Mid morning snack; almonds and fruit, Lunch; Ezekiel tortilla, avocado spread on tortilla, spinach, cucumber, sprouts and tomato with kale chips.  Afternoon snack; hummus with veggies (carrots, cucumbers, and green bell pepper) and for dinner Quinoa with a salad.  Of course, with a lot of water. 

My 2 key bible verses I plan to meditate on this week are:

"There the child grew up healthy and stong. He (she) was filled with wisom, and God's favor was on him (her)." Luke 2:40

and

"Because we have these promises, dear friends, let us cleanse ourselves from everything that can defile our body or spirit. And let us work toward complete holiness because we fear God." 2 Corinthians 7:1






1 comment:

The Deason's said...

I SO wish I had the motivation, dedication and most of all cooperation from others in my household to do this!! I would love to get healthy! Help me out Sandi!!