Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Domestic Goddess - Food Edition

I LOVE to cook (I HATE doing dishes! <----sorry, had to throw that in there to make a statement! ).  I am now a HUGE fan of making homemade tortillas. Here are the lovely stack of 16 I made last night.  We had deer sausage wraps with these yummy tortillas and they were a hit with the family.  I could make (and eat) these everyday!




Today, I was in the mood for Fire Crackers Saltines.  My mother-in-law makes the BEST Fire Crackers, but today, I am using a slightly different recipe.  Trying to tone it down for my boys.  I used a whole box of Zest crackers, 1-1/2 cup 100% Pure Olive Oil, Ranch Packet, and 1 teaspoon Crushed red peppers. 


ingredients

mix oil, ranch packet, and crushed red peppers

add whole box of crackers into a zip lock bag and pour liquid over crackers.  Every 20 minutes turn bag over.  The crackers will eventually absorb all the liquid and taste AMAZING! Enjoy.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will have to try this!!! Love the post before this too!!! You are such a great, dedicated, loving mohter!!!!!!!! <3 Naomi