Sunday, September 7, 2008

:::A Day Full of Fun:::

Yesterday was a pretty fun day. It included me and my mother-in-law Susan watching a lot of Food Network shows. One of the shows were Paula Deen's Party and she made this chocolate double layered cream cheese filling cake. Me and Susan wanted that so bad. (She is at the store as I am blogging, I hope she gets the ingredients) I got online and printed out the recipe twice, one for me and one for her!!! Then, in the afternoon, I went to the store and had a budget to keep it in the $50's range. Well, I got up there and it rang up to be $70-something and then I gave the lady my coupons and my total was $58-something. I guess I could have got cheaper diapers, but my baby can't have nothing but the best for his tush! I like the Luvs brand personally. Huggies are ok, but pampers have a stinky smell to them. When I got home, I was so excited I showed my husband, which who was happy that I didn't spend all the money at the store. : ) I guess sometimes I can get a little carried away.
Later on in the evening, Jacob whipped up some hot dogs, Susan did the cheese and chili, and I made cookies. We had a great dinner at home. Before the Texas Longhorn game we watched the ending of the movie 8 Seconds. Jacob's dad wanted to watch it. During the credits, his dad said "man my allergies are acting up". Jacob, Susan and I look at each other and giggle as he left the room. Although the movie was very sad. Then finally around 9:30 pm the Texas Longhorn game started. I probably watch the first quarter because I was so tired I went to bed with the boys. Jacob although stayed up and watched the whole game. He told me this morning that it was over around 12:30 am.
This morning, me and the boys were up and got ready for church, while Jacob slept in. Which he usually does, and that's why we are always late to church. Since our church has changed their times to later, I figured we would have made it. Nope, we didn't make it. So, Cody was excited because him and Scotty (Jacob's brother) are "supposed" to make a Tree House together today. We will see about that. If it happens I will take a picture and post it.
We start school tomorrow and so I have to get everything ready at school tonight after their AWANAs is over at 7:00 pm. It will be a late night for me, but not my kids. They will be out hopefully at a decent time. Wish me luck or throw up a prayer!!!

No comments: