Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Honestly it was Terrible...

Ok, usually I would like to make things seem better than they really are, but today I am going to be honest (Oh, and yesterday I was truly sincere about having a wonderful day!) I was extremely exhausted today. It was horrible, I even had 2 cups of coffee to try and overcome the tiredness I was experience early on. Well, it didn't help. I dragged the entire day.
Did I mention that we had a soccer game last night and that it really kicked my butt. I had to play majority of the game and I hate to lose (even though we lost our first game last night :* (
I went all out. My abs, legs to even my tongue hurt this morning. Don't ask, I think it was the new "hot" coffee experience from Monday morning. I didn't wait until it cooled off a bit, I just plunged right in, burnt myself pretty good on the tongue.
Ok, back to the terrible part. I think the majority of the problem was I was overwhelmed with sleepiness and so sore that I didn't even get up when the alarm went off. My mother-in-law (Susan) had to come into the room to let me know it was going off. Thanks Susan, because of you, I made it to work on time.
My students were great and I love my assistant. She is the best help ever. While I am busy handling the "major" stuff she is dealing with the BM's and PP diapers. I know once we get the routine down it will be great. We did have a little switch. We have twin autistic children in His Kids. Well, I had the boy and my friend had the girl in her class. They changed it up and put her with me and him with Daisy (my friend/teacher). With the lack of experience that myself and the whole staff have with autism, it just is a disaster at rest time. I had her during our summer program and was able to get her to sleep twice the whole time I had her. The other times she was very loud and distracted the other children while they were trying to rest. So, with this little girl yelling and myself extremely tired, it was irratable in the room. I finally gave in to her and gave her a book and sat down and ate my lunch and chilled out a bit.
I am praying and hoping for a better day tomorrow. I am heading off to bed right after I post this. I will try and stick with the 1 cup of coffee (cooled down) then the 2 because I think I am that weird person who caffeine makes me tired instead of peppy! Good Night!

No comments: