Monday, September 1, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

Well, to catch you up I will try and sum up what has been going on in the last few days at the Queen's house. I will talk about the couldn't sleep friday, Longhorn game on saturday, and sunday & birthday events.

Friday, the in-laws went and stayed in their travel trailer at my sister-in-laws, so it was just me, Jacob and the boys at home. Well, my husband works nights and he sleeps during the day. He doesn't work on fridays, so we pretty much call those days catch up days. He was asleep by 4:00 pm. Without him, it was me and the boys to fend for ourselves. I cooked chicken and dumplings and had ranch style beans for the side. The boys loved it, and we tried to save some for Jacob, just in case he woke up. There was hardly any. Around 10:00 pm the boys were down for the count (asleep). And me, I was wide awake. I took advantage and had me a few glasses of wine to try and help me fall asleep. Well, that backfired and kept me up later. For some reason the last week or so, I haven't been able to go to sleep at a decent time. Friday I went to be at 4:00 am Saturday morning!!!

Saturday morning at 9 I was up and ready to go. We didn't do much but pick up around the house, then headed to eat at Pluckers, which is a Dotson Family Tradition before the Texas Longhorns game. After that, we came home and I did some work before we go back September 8th. Which I am very excited. When I was finished we then headed off to Jacob's uncles' house. The game was on PPV and he had bought it. We grilled burgers with the fixin's and had a lot of great conversations. I really enjoyed getting to know some people that I didn't know anything about. After the Longhorns put a whoopin' on Florida Atlantic we came home. Which I didn't go to bed until 2:00 am.

Sunday, we got up and got ready to go to church, we actually made it on time. I wanted to get some cold coffee (frappacino) and was next in line when they said they were closing until after the service. That was not good for me, because I rely on my frappacino and breakfast taco before the service. We went and ate some yummy BBQ at Smokey Mo's in Georgetown, then headed back home. I had asked Jacob to stop by Style America so that I could get my hair cut, but he didn't. I was very upset because he has done several things for himself and was being very inconsiderate. When we got home he gave me money so I could go by myself and get it done. When I got there my lady was busy and if I wanted her I would had to wait 1 hour, but I didn't have time for that. I should have went with my gut instinct and just had waited or go another day, but I really needed a hair cut. I ended up going with the other lady who hasn't cut my hair. She cut it just a little shorter then I wanted, but it's do-able. We then went to my step-dads birthday which was fun, because I haven't seen them in awhile. Then headed home to visit with some family who came in from Louisiana. Last night wasn't hard for me to fall asleep, although it was hard to stay asleep. In our queen size bed, we had 5 people. It's not comfortable at all and I don't recommend trying it.

Anyway, that was our weekend and it's now Labor day. I will blog about that later....

No comments: